Welcome to Suffolk Young People's Health Project (4YP)
Suffolk Young People’s Health Project (also known as 4YP) provides and co-ordinates services that improve the social, emotional, and physical health and wellbeing of 12-25 year olds in Suffolk.
4YP is a local charity which supports young people throughout Suffolk. We work from our base in Lower Brook Street, Ipswich and throughout the county, including in many schools. We support more than 12,000 young person contacts each year.
Through advice, guidance, and practical support we enable healthier, safer, more resilient lifestyles. With our help, young people develop life, social, communication and work skills, which helps them make more informed choices, and access better opportunities for education and work.
Our services include:
youth work with Young People's Workers – group work, intensive 1:1 support, drop-in workshops, and fun activities;
a nurse-run sexual health clinic;
volunteering and work experience opportunities;
shower, kitchen, laundry, IT facilities;
a reused-clothes store, including outfits appropriate for job interviews.
This is vital support. Our services fill a gap in local provision, helping any young person with the issues affecting them, including individuals who do not fit the criteria for conventional support.
To find out all about the different groups and activities we currently have going on at 4YP, check out our Activities page.
This is updated regularly, so check back to see what's new and find out how you can get involved.
For further information on any of the groups and activities, please call 01473 252607 or email email@example.com.
You Might Also Be Interested In...
Here's just some of the things going on at 4YP at the moment. Click the links for more information:
- Temporary changes to the walk-in sexual health service at 4YP on 29th of Sept and 6th of October - read more
- Ask the 4YP Expert - confidential, live online 1-to-1 chat service offering personalised information and advice for young people throughout Suffolk - read more or click here to get started.
- Join us for a fundraising dance at Venue 77, Ipswich on 12 November 2016 - read more
- Listen out for us on Heart Radio, who are fundraising to support our counselling service as part of Global's Make Some Noise - read more
- Dress loud for Make Some Noise Day on 7th October - read more
Young people made a fantastic film to communicate local issues
Young Leaders from 4YP tell us about the issues young people in Suffolk face, and the changes they would like to take place.
You can also view the video on the Offshoot Film's Vimeo page.