Following funding awarded by the Big Lottery Fund and the Department for Digital, Culture, Media & Sport, 4YP has been asked to take part in a series of short pilots, all aimed at gathering data about how young people use 4YP.
- Yoti and MyVenue aimed to capture data around how many young people access 4YP, and how many times by either using an app or tablet to log in and out. Unfortunately, the need for official ID (passport, driving license) meat that many young people accessing 4YP were unable to register.
- Feedback: two series of questions seeking young people's opinions on 4YP services, with the aim to focus change to improve what we offer.
We are one of only 12 organisations in the UK to have been asked to take part.
Below are the findings from the Feedback pilot. 4YP thanks everyone for their feedback and their cooperation, which has made this possible.
We were asked to choose 6-8 questions from a list of 18 to ask young people, split over two separate periods.
Period one, midday Mon 13 Nov - midday Mon 20 Nov:
- How much do you feel a sense of purpose and achievement through the activities at 4YP?
- How respected do you feel whilst at 4YP?
- Would you prefer to give your feedback in any other way?
Period two, planned to run midday Mon 11 Dec - midday Mon 18 Dec:
- Are there any other services that 4YP could offer that you would value?
- How much influence do you have over how the services are run at 4YP?
- To what extent do you think the services you receive from 4YP are good quality?
Answers were obtained by asking questions on posters introducing the pilots. These were put up alongside buckets representing corresponding answer choices (where applicable), which were secured to retain anonymity, each with the question repeated on the front.
Young people could place inside the nearby tokens/paper with their written answers. Multiple-choice answers were provided by the YIF: A Great Deal, Somewhat, Not At All.
Each set of buckets were placed in different areas of 4YP: welcome/waiting area; Front Room desk; window seat in the Drop-in room.
These answers from period 1 were collated on Monday, 20 November 2017:
These answers from period 2 were collated on Thursday, 21 December 2017: